The people who fly for a living tend to find the tricks that help on the journey and for preparing beforehand. Some insiders have written about their travel hacks.
- Passengers at the back of the plane tend to get better service form the flight attendants. It’s a short trip from where the attendant are at the back of the plane. And it means that the items they request are not being shown to everybody on board.
- Hotels often don’t change sheets in bed very often. Avoid sheet that have fold marks.
- Darken hotel rooms to help you sleep better. Humans are wired up to sleep in the dark.
- Don’t fly with a bad cold. The air pressure will be extremely bad for your ears. This will almost always be painful. It has sometimes damaged hearing.
- If you want to avoid sitting near a crying baby then stay away from the seat near the bulkheads (the partitions inside the plane). Most baby bassinets are secured in these areas.
- Avoid using electronics an hour before bed, including anything with a screen. Dim light, have some herbal (non-caffeinated) tea.
- Learn how to pack light. There is plenty of advice online. Three days of clothes are enough.
- Find out if your hotel has a washer / dryer. This mean you can do you laundry there, and save some packing space by reusing clothes.
- Global entry is worth it for frequent travellers.
- If you have to leave a hotel so early that you miss the free breakfast, ask the hotel staff if one can be arranged in advance. This works perhaps half the time.
- If you are early for a flight you have a better chance of being upgraded to first class. Being well dressed might help.
- Moisturizer help in the dry environment of a plane. A moisturizer with a sunscreen is good if you are near a window.
We Sydney airport pickup service to make sure you are always on time for your flight. And for the easy ride home for your return journey.